Wednesday, May 11, 2011

self portrait




Ellen Carey
UNTITLED (1978)
silver print and acrylic
20” x 16"

Jean Dubuffet
SITUATION LXXVII (1979)
black felt-tip pen and collage on paper
13.875” x 10”

Allison Saar

Mavis from Skillet Studies, 1999
 Painted iron skillet
10.5” x 7” x 1.5”


Photo of me

Self portrait in pencil




Reflection
1)  The three works that I chose were chosen because of their uniqueness.  Not every piece is a cut and dry drawing of a person but they are representations.  I found several of the pieces very interesting including the one on the skillet.
2)  The media that I chose to use to create my self portrait was the most common that I have.  I am not the best artist therefore using a pencil allowed me to change or alter my mistakes as I was making them.
3)  In creating my self portrait I wanted to make it very representative of me.  However I am not the best artists therefore I settled for making a representation as well as I could of what I felt I looked like.  Key features such as the scruffy face made it seem more representative because I didn’t shave this morning.
4)  As I already stated this piece shows me by the shirt that I am wearing as well as the scruffy face.
5)  The lines that I used for my facial features and the amount of color used to emphasize the features are different than the exact representation that one would expect from a self portrait.
6)  This project was fun to work on.  I think if I was a better drawer I would have enjoyed the project a little bit more.
7)  My final artwork is definitely not a million dollar piece but I enjoy it because it does represent me in my eyes when I look at it.


No comments:

Post a Comment