Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Week six installation post

Step 3
1)  Installation art is an artwork that fits in a designated space and draws your attention towards it and commands the space.
2)  Almost any type of material can be used in installation art.  Most of the art is three dimensional so material used is three dimensional.
3)  Installation art is created for any reason that art is created.  It is expressive and has great meaning to the creator.
4)  The installation art that I found most interesting was Reconstructed Icicles, Dumfriesshire by Andy Goldsworthy.  This was most interesting to me because it is natural and is found in nature.  I am fond of almost any art that is found in or from nature.
Step 4
1)      The piece of art that I found most inspirational was Reconstructed Icicles, Dumfriesshire by Andy Goldsworthy.  This was most inspirational to me because it is natural and is found in nature.  I am fond of almost any art that is found in or from nature.
2)      The theme that I am going to use is Consumerism. 
3)      The materials that I am going to use are premade objects created from paper, wood, and cloth.
4)      The installation is located in my residence because I have limited area to use for the installation and I found an area that could be used in the installation as well along with adding other objects.










Creating the installation was a project that I enjoyed.  I often changed my mind on which piece of consumerism I was going to focus on however my supplies were limited so that’s how I was able to narrow it down.  I also kept adding and taking things away on the specific was that I wanted to present the work.  Creating this work gave me a much better understanding of installation art and how difficult it can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment