Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Mask making


This mask is very simple and is made of stone.  The eyes and mouth are proportionate and everything is simple.
This picture has many lines.  Both sides are balanced and reflective of each other.  Even though the mask appears large in size it is necessary for this culture and what it stands for.
This mask has a lot of lines.  Each line is colored and as you look at the lines the colors repeat.  This is a simple mask which will be like the one that I am going to make.

Here is my mask and the sketches leading up to it.  As you can see I used the elements and principles of line, repetition, and reflection to name a few.  Overall I found this experience quite enjoyable.  I am not the best painter, cutter, or designer but as I said I enjoyed this experience.  The sketch is faint but if you look close you can see it.



No comments:

Post a Comment