Wednesday, April 27, 2011

week 14 and 15 video post

1)  From The Lowdown on Lowbrow:  West Coast Pop Art video I liked seeing the Zap comic works of art.  These comic books are very well drawn in my opinion and fun to look at.  In the Displaying Modern Art:  The Tate Approach video I learned that the museum was very popular and that they did not charge for admission.  After opening, about 4 million people had visited the museum in the first year.  With the Bones of Contention:  Native American Archaeology video I found it interesting how much these collections of bones really affected people.  It really does seem that we did not have any regard to any other human life than our own.  In the last video George Eastman House:  Picture Perfect I learned that the George Eastman collection has about 14,000 photographers displayed. 
2)  All of these videos relate to our project.  Each one has a main subject that they focus on and they can back up with sources.  These collections are much larger than the one that we will be making but this is a great start to help us in our ideas.
3)  By getting different perspectives we learn a lot more about the subject.  They also give us other ideas that we can us in our project.  We are not setting up the project for display but rather putting it in a PowerPoint.  I noticed that the display of the works is also a huge aspect on how one relates to them.  These videos were very beneficial to me while creating my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment