Tuesday, April 5, 2011

week eleven videos

1)  The first video that I chose to view was the African Art video.  I chose this video because I found the African art in our book to be very intriguing.  The second video I watched was the Buddhism video.  I find different religions and believes interesting.  This reason also applies to the next video that I watched which was the Hinduism video.  The final video that I watched was the Chinese Art: Treasures of the National Palace Museum.  I chose this video because I wanted to learn a little bit more about Chinese art.
2)  In the African Art video I found it interesting that African art influenced people like Picasso so much.  In the Buddhism video I found the idea of “Tanha” unique.  Being able to put all desires aside and avoid feeding your ego is difficult but must be able to be obtained.  In the Hinduism video I found the whole ceremony of “Aarti”, where the god or Brahma is honored, to be interesting.  In the Chinese Art: Treasures of the National Palace Museum video I found all of the vases or vessels to be interesting.  The amount of detail on them and what they represent are truly unique to that culture.
3)  All of the videos that I watched were very similar to our readings for this week.  The Islamic, African, and various religious cultures are discussed very well in both the readings and the videos.
4)  By getting different perspectives we learn a lot more about the subject.  You cannot rely on one source for all of your opinions on topics because your ideas will end up being biased.  That is why having the videos in our week are essential to our learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment