Monday, April 11, 2011

week 12 video post

1)  I decided to watch the Matisse and Picasso video because I find Picasso’s work intriguing and sometimes difficult to understand.  I was hoping this would help me to better understand some of his work.  The second video I chose to watch was the Dada and Surrealism video.  This is because these two movements I discussed in my posting of the chapter questions.   The next video I watched was Expressionism.  I did not discuss Expressionism in my chapter question posting but I found this interesting in the book and wanted to learn more.  The final video I watched was The impact of Cubism.  I chose this video because it too goes along with the Picasso interest I have.
2)  In the Matisse and Picasso video I found it interesting that Gertude Stein was one of the first people who were able to recognize Matisse and Picasso’s work.  In the Dada and Surrealism video I found it interesting how George Grosz left Berlin before the Nazis arrived but his works of art did not make it. In the Expressionism video I found the work of Ashes very good.  This work focuses on the relationship between a man and women.  In The impact of Cubism video I found the large amount works that were discussed nice.  The more works you look at the more an idea can be learned.
3)  All of the videos that I watched were very similar to our readings for this week.  I did learn a bit more about Picasso which helped me to understand his works.  All of these videos elaborated well on the topics discussed in our textbook.
4)  By getting different perspectives we learn a lot more about the subject.  You cannot rely on one source for all of your opinions on topics because your ideas will end up being biased.  Sometimes if you rely on just one source that source may be incorrect and that would make your conclusions incorrect.  That is why having the videos in our week are essential to our learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment